Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Weekend Challenge: The Rules and Regulations
Yes, we heard you. Yes, you were right. Yes, we made it simple. We realized that mob voting was no better than luck-based contests, so we trimmed it down, but still involved the users. Have a suggestion? Post comments below or on the Photoflex facebook.
Photo by Blair Bunting
So here they are folks, the rules and regulations for the Weekend Challenge. The Challenge will start this weekend, so get your trigger fingers ready, dust off your lens, and let's get ready to rock.
- The given theme for the weekend challenge will be announced on the Photoflex facebook before 5:00 PM PST every Friday afternoon.
- In order to be eligible to win, you must submit your entry between the time that the challenge is posted (Friday afternoon before 5:00 PM PST) and8:00 AM PSTthe following Monday morning.
- Entries must be submitted to the Photoflex Weekend Challenge Flickr Group Pool.
- One final entry per entrant. If an entrant enters more than one final image, all images will be discarded and the entrant disqualified until only one final image remains for submission.
- Along with the actual entry, each entrant is required to submit a single "set-up shot" which shows how the image was produced (this rule may be discarded in the case of video entries for video themes). This rule is to assure that the image is not being plagiarized. It will also allow the users to see how you can achieve certain photographic situations.
- Though you must be over 18 years of age to be eligible to win, that does not necessarily entail that certain photographic subjects will be considered acceptable for the entire over-18 age group. Those who submit images depicting nudity, foul language, and any pornographic subject matter out of both the facebook and the Flickr accounts will be disqualified. Implied nude is acceptable.
- Weekly winners will be chosen by the Photoflex Social Networking Team. Monthly winners will be chosen by previous monthly winner (with the exception of the first month, where the Photoflex Team will select the winner).
- Voicing opinions of which photograph you personally like is not only allowed, but encouraged! There will be a specific discussion thread for each week and each monthly contest.
Where can you find the Photoflex Weekend Challenge Flickr Group? Well, we're glad you asked:
These rules may or may not be changed over the course of the next few weeks as we test it out, but we hope this works well.
The first weekend challenge theme will be announced on Friday afternoon. Keep your eyes on the facebook and your finger on your shutter release, because this is about to get exciting.
Go photography. Go creativity.
The Photoflex Social Networking Team